Fall Equinox 2024




Yesterday was the Fall Equinox - a time of scales, balance, harvest, and descent, among other things.

To celebrate the day, I was humbled to scale the top of Sunset Peak with a group of good men just minutes before Sunrise.

Here's another interesting image of scales to consider. . .

Joseph received the golden plates twice: once on September 22nd, 1827, and then again exactly one year later, on September 22nd, 1828. 

The first harvest of the golden record in 1827, unfortunately, ended in an abortion of sorts nine months later when the 116 pages and translation relics were lost and taken around June 14th, 1828. You could say that tipped the scales of Joseph’s scripture project downward.

The second harvest of the record, thankfully, ended in the successful birth of the Book of Mormon we know and love today. The translation was finally completed - again, nine months later - in June 1829 after getting the plates a second time from the previous September. This tipped the scales back up. 

But what of our own deaths, births, and scales? Individually and as a nation? 

As I contemplate my own life, the history of others can only inspire me so much. I must tip the scales in God's favor for myself.

As I contemplate the future of our country, it seems to me that this election, more than any before, is being weighed heavily towards real abortions. Which way will we tip the scales?

As we descend into the darkness of winter, my prayers are with you.

Comments

  1. Glad to see you are back writing again. I have missed reading your posts. Grateful for your insights

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Eyes Like a Flame of Fire, Part 1

Eyes Like a Flame of Fire, Conclusion

Eyes Like a Flame of Fire, Part 2